Sonia Sui is Gorgeous for Upcoming Friday Drama Mr. Right Wanted

I’m not dead yet… just super lazy to write up articles even though I’ve been constantly following the entertainment news updates. GTV’s upcoming Friday Drama, Mr. Right Wanted (徵婚啟事) releases intriguing trailer and beautiful posters starring its leading lady, Sonia Sui (The Pursuit of Happiness). Mr. Right Wanted is set to follow after Apple in My Eye (妹妹) and premieres on 7th of November.

I heard about Mr. Right Wanted last year and was primarily intrigued by the plot, plus super excited to see Christopher Lee (A Good Wife) as the male lead. Rounding out the main cast are Jerry Huang (In Time With You) as Sonia Sui’s long time boyfriend and Yao Yao (Office Girls, King Flower), who’s been said to be improve a lot and even talented enough to grab the Golden Horse New Actor Award for her movie, Step Back to Glory (志氣). I also see several familiar looking faces who cameo as the marriage candidates.

Different with SETTV where their dramas adapt the live-shoot system, GTV’s dramas tend to go through a long period of production phase and the best thing about it is that I don’t have to worry about the quality as they have enough production time and the cast won’t be exhausted as it’s not a live-shooting system. From what I’ve seen so far, this drama looks promising.

Sypnosis:
Li Hai-Ning is an editor-in-chief of Da Guo Min publishing company. She’s been in a 9-years relationship with her boyfriend, Cheng-Hao but their relationship had been slowly transitioning into a flat and dull state.3 years ago, she was scouted by another company and brought Cheng-Hao with her, leaving a major publishing company for a new company. However, aside from Cheng-Hao’s books, other works of this company is not making any profit. But now, even the sales of Cheng-Hao’s books are slowly becoming stagnant.

Just when she is planning for Cheng-Hao’s new book which is about online marriage-seeking, she discovered several scandals about Cheng-Hao. In a fit of anger, she decided to break out of this predicament and handle the new book by herself, by becoming the protagonist of the book. Thus, she who have no plans of marriage started to look for marriage candidates.

She wrote, “Female, 32 years old. Looking for men who are upright, kind and willing to communicate. Hoping to be friends first before marriage.”

This whole situation whereby marriage is a pre-requisite is like a mirror reflecting the various states of love. She saw many kinds of people and also discovered that she doesn’t truly understand what love is all about. Among the various kinds of 100 candidates, Hai-Ning learnt many things about love: responsibility, promises, missed chances, betrayal, passion… In the end, will she be able to meet true love through this act of marriage-seeking?

Trailer:

5min trailer:

The tagline says:  No matter how good your credentials are, there will always be someone who doesn’t love you so marriage-seeking is still in progress…

Posters and Stills:

2 6 5 4 3

Categories News Translations Twdrama

• misscupcakees • 3 years ago

All of Sonia’s dramas are promising and this one is no exception. The quality looks good and the premises sounds interesting. I did like the previous title “Notice from a Bachelorette” better.

I also prefer the previous title but the new title is fine too. I think she made a great choice leaving SETTV for GTV, they make quality dramas.

• kat. • 3 years ago

I think I was pretty much sold on this drama after seeing Sonia and Christopher’s names. She looks great in the posters and trailers! Can’t wait to see it. :)

Haha, I just have to comment on your profile picture. Hao-Wei! I also can’t wait to see this drama, the 5min trailer looks damn good and I love the background music they use, the producer knows how to use good music to create a good ambience.

• heisui • 3 years ago

Wow I’m looking forward to seeing Chris & Sonia working together!

But from what I saw in the 5min trailer, Christopher’s character seems a bit too perfect and usually the Mr.Perfect always end up as the one getting rejected… Now I’m starting to wonder whether they’ll end up together, because Hans Chung’s character seems like a viable romance candidate.

• Celine • 3 years ago

Looking forward to this drama. Sonia Sui is one of my favorite actresses in Taiwan. I saw Chris Wu and Sunny Wang make a cameo appearance as one of the bachelors. Kinda wished that Chris Wu could’ve participated in this drama playing the role of Hans Chung’s character. The only bad thing is Sonia’s hair in this drama. The hair makes her look too old.

The hair does look a bit too curly and old but for some reason, it fits with her editor-in-chief character, haha.. Got that literary-nerd vibe around her. Chris Wu and Sonia Sui never really cross my mind but this pairing will be refreshing to watch.

• tiff • 3 years ago

This looks great. I love that taiwanese dramas are looking prettier lol. And yeah, Sonia definitely chooses good projects

Taiwanese dramas from other channels beside SETTV has good cinematography, example: The Way We Were, Rock n Road, The Pursuit of Happiness, Amour et Pâtisserie (this one is really great!), etc… I just think SETTV don’t put in much effort in taking care of details, cinematography and a lot of bad scripts too… I’m thinking whether their live-shooting system is the problem or it’s the higher-ups of SETTV that’s creating the problem…

• tiff • 3 years ago

hmm I see. I pretty much stream all my tw dramas lol so I’m usually not sure which is from which channel.

• tiff • 3 years ago

oops that was meant as a reply to your previous comment o____o

• Heidi • 3 years ago

the background music sound like an american movie or series o_O
    but overall, this drama is pretty interesting for the mature :)

I like the overall ambient and the background music they used too^^

• Anna • 3 years ago

Really looking forward to this one! When I saw the trailer, I thought the pretty cinematography really resembled Korean and Chinese dramas so yay!

Yep, I’m also pretty excited for this. We’ll get to watch the first episode next friday since Apple in Your Eye just ended yesterday night.