News Bites: January 18th, 2015

blue-janine

• Blue Lan and Janine Chang became the ambassador of BenQ’s screen projector and they’ll play as a married couple in a short-film CF. Janine Chang compliments Blue as an easygoing and gentle guy, different from the cool screen image she had thought about and she adds on that he’s indeed a newlywed husband, ha! Watch their sweet CF here! [WOWnews]
  • On a related news, Blue Lan is about to be a father as Jade Chou is now already 4 months pregnant. They were spotted by passerbys in the department of gynecology and obstetricsbirth of a hospital. The newlywed couple registered their marriage last May so this baby is probably the love child of their honeymoon trip, ha! Congratulations on their first child! [UDN News]

tiffanyhsu

• Tiffany Hsu is looking hot as a sexy motorbike lady for upcoming PTS 6-episode mini drama, Wake Up (麻醉風暴). I briefly talked about this series previously in my “List of upcoming 2015 Taiwanese dramas” post. Wake Up will be a medical-themed drama that revolves around the lives of anesthetists and their patients. The official drama’s facebook page recently showed preview pictures of the opening theme sequence and I’ll say it looks intriguing! These updates definitely spiked up my interest about this series, I can always count on PTS for unconventional quality dramas. [UDN News]
  • SETTV’s latest Sunday drama, Someone Like You (聽見幸福) is off to a decent start, scoring 1.35 rating for their pilot episode, ranking number 1 among Sunday drama idol dramas. The leads, Kingone Wang, Lorene Ren and Miao Ke-Li who plays as Lorene’s mother held a mini celebratory press conference for their success on the 11th of January. Kingone Wang promises that he’ll give the audience a pleasant surprise if the rating breaks 3. I haven’t watch the pilot episode yet as I’m planning to hear more feedbacks before I start to watch. So, what do you think about their pilot episode? Yay or nay? [WOWnews]
ghostfriend (3)
ghostfriend (1)
ghostfriend (2)
ghostfriend (1)
  • Jasper Liu is busy filming for his upcoming drama, My Ghost Friend (Unofficial English Title) (我的鬼基友). The latest stills of the drama shows him hanging on suspension wire, seemingly to film the scene of his “cause of death”, a car accident. He jokes on his social networking sites, saying that even though hanging on suspension wire is fun, after one whole day on suspension wire, he feels a little bit sad for his “balls” (蛋蛋的憂傷), a literal translation will be pain on his manhood, LOL. Watch the media report for the making of this scene HERE. My Ghost Friend is slated to air somewhere in February on Chinese streaming sites, Youku and Tudou. So far, no specific Taiwanese TV channels is appointed yet for the broadcast. [Et Today] [China Times]
  • Not long after Mr. Right Wanted (徵婚啟示) completed its run, Sonia Sui announces that on 9th january, she registered her marriage with her boyfriend who she dated for less than 6 months in Las Vegas. Her boyfriend, Tony is the older half-brother of Aggie Hsieh, her co-star from The Pursuit of Happiness (愛的生存之道). It seems that she found her Mr. Right in real life, just like in the drama, congratulations to the couple! [China Times]

sonialovetriangle

• Sonia Sui is embroiled in a love triangle with Christopher Lee and Hans Chung vying for her love in GQ Taiwan magazine (sadly, not in real life, duh). They look amazing and displays their sizzling chemistry in the photoshoots. I love those kiss marks on the men’s faces! I don’t know who’s luckier, Sonia Sui or the men?
    [GQ Taiwan]
  • Probably one of the greatest gossip news of the century in Taiwanese entertainment circle, Dee Hsu (or known as Xiao S), the famous host of long-running Taiwanese talk-show, Kang Xi Lai Le ends her 15 years feud with her ex-boyfriend, also a famous host in Taiwan, Huang Zi-Jiao. I watched this episode and cried with them because their scandal was so huge back in those days. The feud was about Huang Zi-Jiao dumping Dee Hsu for Bowie Tseng and Dee Hsu and her older sister, Barbie Hsu scolds him publicly for his actions on their variety show, 100% Entertainment.The impact of that public scolding was so bad that it affected Huang Zi-Jiao’s reputations and career, even his friends kept a distance with him. In the episode of the show, Dee Hsu reminisces the good times she had with him and how good he treated her and her family. However, when he asked her to break up with him, she became blinded by hatred and forget his goodness and she tearfully apologizes for her rash actions when she was young as she used to view love relationship as everything in her life. Now, a happy mother of 3 daughters, she’s ready to let go of the burden that’s been weighing on her for the past 15 years and ready to start anew in the new year. Huang Zi-Jiao also tearfully thanks everything that she had given him in the past and the past scandal actually became a life lesson to him. What a heart-warming episode! it feels like no grudges can last forever and I feel like I’m watching them maturing up together.
    [WOWnews]
  • Jay Chou and Hannah Quinlivan are looking amazing for their wedding pictorials. The styling feels so classical, giving me the vibe of old European, so pretty! The couple went to Prague, Paris and Germany to shoot for their wedding pictorials.
    [WOWnews]
jay-hanna-1
jay-hanna-2
jay-hanna-3
Categories Eye-candy News Twdrama

• tiffany • 2 years ago

omg that KangXi episode also made me tear up… I love Dee Hsu and she/they definitely both matured a lot. I can’t believe their feud lasted so long.

It’s understandable though, Dee Hsu has always been a bold woman, she’s not afraid to speak her mind out, she did some rash actions in the past but I feel like she’ve matured after becoming a mother. That Kangxi episode is so touching.

• Yui • 2 years ago

in the black and white pic of Jay chou and his wife, they look like angelababy and huangxiaoming lols.. in my eyes 😀

now i start to watch someone like you, i’ll be back for commenting again about that drama 😀

I can see slight resemblance of Angelababy on Hanna Quinlivan, but Jay Chou is definitely not HXM, ha! I do like their wedding pictorials though, so classical.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Someone like you, based on the trailers, I’m still on the fence for this one as Lorene Ren’s character seems a little bit too loud for my taste.

• Yui • 2 years ago

so far, ep.1 isn’t bad.. but not good enough..you know ‘twin’ stuff, poor and rich.. the typical storyline is kinda boring, but i plan to continue watching it, give it a try.. let’s see how far i’ll keep watching it 😀

after healer, maybe i should visit viki for the new world.. hehe.. happy working and watching ^^

• Jo • 2 years ago

If you’re a Kingone or Kirsten/Lorene fan, Someone Like You is definitely a yay. I do have to admit that it’s nothing really special in terms of Taiwanese idol dramas (sooo many tropes thrown together), but it’s an easy and enjoyable watch, and the pilot made me look forward to the second episode, which did not disappoint. :)

The female lead is a little loud, but not obnoxiously so, and it works for her character. (She and her mom are professional con artists or something, so they have to up the dramatization sometimes.) I’m not annoyed by her yet. xD

I don’t know how your comment end up in my spam box (wordpress is acting weirdly)! But anyways, I managed to retrieve it, good thing I always check the spam box, haha! Seems like the feedback for Someone Like You have been fairly positive, I would probably try it soon, but maybe when more episodes are out. I’m more in the mood to marathon it. Thanks for your feedback^^

• Jo • 2 years ago

Haha, thanks for rescuing my comment from the clutches of the spam filter! 😉 I’ll probably be keeping up with Someone Like You each week, so I’ll let you know if it goes down the dreaded second-half suckiness of SETTV dramas.

• akikisetsu • 2 years ago

Congrats to the newlyweds, Jay & Hannah and Sonia & Tony! People finding their Mr or Miss Right, that is always a fun read.

And to that other good news, I’m glad a feud that long finally found its end. Time, distance and maturity just has to happen to reach an amicable end. Happy for Dee and Mickey! And just recently found out that he’s going out with Summer Meng, and Dee of course with her family. I guess it also helps that both seems to be in a really good place, hence easier to let go of things.

And to the new drama, Someone like You, so far I’m liking it. Its the type of drama that you kinda know where it would lead, but as long as the execution and pacing is done right, it would be a fun watch. And the mother-daughter duo are both loud, its not only Lorene. But they’re hilarious, so I’m fine with their volume.

I guess I’ll probably wait for more episodes of Someone Like You to be out. I really like Kingone Wang’s acting and Lorene Ren is charming enough as a heroine but SETTV dramas have a bad track record of going off-track midway through.

Huang Zi-Jiao and Summer Meng is probably a couple that I can’t really imagine, I don’t even know how they get to know each other since I don’t think Summer appears on variety shows that much, ha! As long as they’re happy, everything is good.

• Cat • 2 years ago

Late to the game. First time reader here, I went through all three CFs featuring Blue and Janine. It’s really sweet and nicely shot. For some reason, I almost got teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing.

As for Someone Like You, it’s enjoyable enough. I am not familiar with either of the leads, but it’s solid enough for me to continue. Ep 6 is the famed shower scene. Bhahaha. Also, I am enjoying the outtakes and behind the scenes they do at the end of the episodes. Predictable storyline but it’s light and they have good chemistry. I am a fan so far.

Yeah, Someone Like You seems pretty easy to watch despite being predictable. I prefer Lorene Ren’s previous drama, In A Good Way than this one though… Kingone Wang is a good actor, he makes a believable blind man.